Borgerretshjælpen provides legal aid in the following areas of law and can assist in writing applications, complaint procedures in relation to public services, businesses and private persons.
- Family law
- Separation/divorce, child custody/parental rights, visitation/contact, same sex registered partnerships
- Social security law
- Aocial security, pension, one off benefits, housing benefits/support
- Consumer rights
- Claims/complaints. Complaint cases to consumer complaints committee as well as other committees
- Immigration law
- Residence permits, visas, family reunification and citizenship
- Rental law
- Rental agreements and complaints
- Criminal law.
- Fines, restraining orders, complaints about the police, compensation
Borgerretshjælpens management of cases can consist of oral advice, representation, and specific execution of cases.
Borgeretshjælpen does not provide advice or guidance in relation to business related cases or cases related to tax or property.
If you do not find your problem in the above list then feel free to contact us anyway and we will endeavour to refer you to someone who can help.
You can obtain free legal aid by contacting us either by telephone on 53 64 11 60 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also meet up personally at Carl Th. Dreyers Vej 298, 2500 Valby during the following times shown below:
- Tuesdays from 10.00-15.00
- Thursdays from 10.00-15.00 and 16.00-20.00
- Fridays from 10.00-14.00
It is not necessary to make an appointment, but it is reccomended to avoid having to wait. Please make sure to bring all of the relevant papers with you and if necessary, someone who can translate to Danish or English.
All information will be treated as confidential.