Borgerretshjælpen provides legal aid in the following areas of law and can assist in writing applications, complaint procedures in relation to public services, businesses and private individuals.

Family law

Separation/divorce, child custody/parental rights, visitation/contact, same sex registered partnerships

Social security law

Social security, pension, one off benefits, housing benefits/support

Consumer rights

Claims/complaints. Complaint cases to consumer complaints committee as well as other committees

Immigration law

Residence permits, visas, family reunification and citizenship

Rental law

Rental agreements and complaints

Criminal law

Fines, restraining orders, complaints about the police, compensation

Borgerretshjælpens management of cases can consist of oral advice, representation, and specific execution of cases. Borgeretshjælpen does not provide advice or guidance about business-related cases or cases related to tax or property.

If you do not find your problem in the above list then feel free to contact us anyway and we will endeavor to refer you to someone who can help.

You can obtain free legal aid by contacting us either by telephone on 53 64 11 60 or kontakt@borgerretshjaelpen.dk. You can also meet up personally at Valby Langgade 178, 2500 Valby during the following times shown below:

  • Tuesdays from 10.00-15.00
  • Thursdays from 10.00-15.00 and 16.00-20.00
  • Fridays from 10.00-14.00

It is not necessary to make an appointment, but it is recommended to avoid having to wait. Please make sure to bring all of the relevant papers with you and if necessary, someone who can translate to Danish or English.

All information will be treated as confidential.